Where we're staying

Click here to check out our apartment rental in Montmartre.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

You gotta love it when your lunch comes in the pot it was cooked in

Coming at you from the Airport...

My good-bye Paris tears are done (I think) but we'll see...

Where was I?

Oh yes, lunch!

We went to Paris Boheme. We really liked this place - great atmosphere (beautiful covered courtyard/atrium and a cozy room), great service (nice people), good value, and very good food. I believe we were the only non-locals in the place. It was a mix of business people and families & friends out for a leisurely Friday lunch. Thanks, Pete!!!

We started with salades: one with braised leeks, and the other with warm goat cheese and walnuts. Yummy and fresh.


I had a class mussels marinieres (white wine and LOADS of garlic) and Tom had cassoulet, chock-full of the plumpest white beans and lots of meat: sausage, duck, ham. Delicious.


We did some wandering, a little shopping, and then off we went on the number 68 bus to the Musee d'Orsay for the after 4:15pm reduced price.
View from the bus:

No pictures allowed in the Orsay, but we spent a wonderful 1 hr 45 minutes enjoying as much art as we could take in. I love this place, and the structure itself still leaves me awestruck despite having been there many times.


Well, we're about to board, but come back for the last post, covering our last night and last morning!

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of a salad with braised leeks. Possibly my favorite side vegetable. Love the iron pot with Tom's lunch. I just got back from a two day Houston trip. I ate Persian, dim sum, mexican and gormet burger.

    ReplyDelete