Where we're staying

Click here to check out our apartment rental in Montmartre.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Le Saint Valentin

Good Morning and Happy Valentine's Day:


We had one agenda item today: to buy my Valentine's present at "our" jeweler, a place called Iuko on the Rue des Grands Augustins in the 6th. Here comes the Metro:



I haven't taken a picture of it yet, but Tom bought me a beautiful set of earrings and a pendant - bright red stones for V-Day. So I knew how to say "jewelry for the ears" in French, but did not know how to say "clips." Guess how you say clips? CLEEPZ (spelled, of course,"clips"). I LOVE the jeweler. She was working on her creations while we were looking around (hammering away); she keeps her lunch warm in foil on the radiator; and she sings and makes little squealy noises while she is wrapping up the package. She and I made a pact that whenever we are in Paris, we will come to her shop. D'accord.

Some sights while we were walking around in the 6th & 7th.

Tom decided he has a door handle theme going on. Those are hockey sticks:

The School of Medicine of the University of Paris:


The Bagels & Brownies place was packed (no, we didn't go in):

But we did get a simple lunch, steak-frites au poivre for me, and salmon for Tom. Very good, hit the spot.



It was so mild yesterday, I took off my gloves! So we walked and walked some more:

A smart pants-hanger:

We had to take a picture of our fellow Virginian:

The Museum of the Legion of Honor:


Heading home:

Since it was V-Day, we stopped at the "I love you wall" again, which is very close to the apartment. There were lots of couples there today.


More on V-Day dinner (chez nous) later...

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic pictures, Paula. Feel ilke I'm at your table.

    ReplyDelete