Where we're staying

Click here to check out our apartment rental in Montmartre.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Combien coute cet chien a la fenetre?


The one with the waggly tail?

We almost had an international incident yesterday. OK, I exaggerate a bit, but I SO wanted to take this pooch home. My reasoning was sound: since he is French, it will help us stay in touch with the language and culture. Right? Tom reminded me of how long he would have to stay in quarantine. There were three puppies in the window, and while the others were romping around and playing, this one just sat and posed for us with those eyes that said "Emporte-moi chez vous." (Take me home!)

This might be one of the slowest trips to Europe we've ever had, but there's something about that last day that makes me stress a little. How can one possibly decide what to do with ONE day in Paris?!

Well, first we went in search of a spice store in our neighborhood. Awhile ago, I had purchased some Herbes de Provence in Oyster Bay, NY, and the address on the package was in Paris, in our 'hood, no less! But alas, the store is gone. Too bad. So...let's get lunch!

A few years ago, my brother-in-law worked in Brive for awhile. On one of his train trips, he met someone who owned a restaurant in - you guessed it - our neighborhood.

Well, the cleaning lady is about to come kick us out of the apartment, so I'll get back to this later...

No comments:

Post a Comment